WB Animation Art Book
This collectible item is a hardcover coffee table book with more than 300 colorful illustrations. It is titled “Warner Bros. Animation Art: The Characters, The Creators, The Limited Editions”.
Consequently, it discusses celluloids as art and pays tribute to famous animation artists and directors such as:
- Mel Blanc (May 30, 1908 – July 10, 1989) was the voice of many Looney Tunes characters including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, and many others. He also did the voices for characters in several Hanna-Barbera cartoons such as Barney Rubble on The Flintstones and Mr. Spacely on The Jetsons.
- Friz Freleng (August 21, 1906 – May 26, 1995) was an animator and cartoonist for Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. He was also a Warner Bros. Cartoons director for which he won 3 Emmy Awards and 5 Academy Awards.
- Chuck Jones (September 21, 1912 – February 22, 2002) was an animator, cartoonist, and screenwriter. In addition to winning 3 Academy Awards, he also won an Honorary Academy Award in 1996 for his widely recognized work in the animation industry.
It was written by author Will Friedwald and animation historian Jerry Beck. The WB Animation Art Book is a wonderful piece of memorabilia.
In addition, it is in near-mint condition. The WB Animation Art Book makes a terrific gift for collectors, WB fans, cartoon lovers, and artists.
You might also enjoy our 75yrs of WB Book.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Collectibles Empowerment
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel about collectibles, collectors, and collecting