Mettlach VB William Tell Stein
This collector’s item is an antique 9″ tall, hand-painted, 1/2 liter German stein that has a decorative handle, a pewter inlay lid, and a pewter thumb lever.
It was made in Germany by Villeroy & Boch (known for its quality stoneware) at the Mettlach factory. There are several markings on the bottom of the stein proving its authenticity:
- It is incised with the 11th century Mettlach Abby logo and the Mettlach banner
- It is stamped with the Villeroy & Boch “VB” trademark
- It is marked with a “98” which specifies an 1898 circulation date
- It reads “Gegen Nachbildung Geschützt” which means “protected against replica”
In addition, the body of the Mettlach VB William Tell Stein has a detailed etching of William Tell preparing to shoot an apple off of his young son’s head.
Furthermore, it is in excellent condition. This legendary piece of memorabilia makes a great gift for collectors and avid beer drinkers.
You might also enjoy our Prosit Stein.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Check our article about William Tell’s Tale
- Read our article about Collectibles Empowerment
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added
- Visit our Collectibles News digest to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel about collectibles, collectors, and collecting