Last updated on June 24th, 2020 at 09:28 pm
Marilyn Isn’t It Delicious Plate
This memorabilia features the movie star and Hollywood legend, Marilyn Monroe, standing over a subway grating and an updraft from the subway passing below causes her skirt to blow suggestively above her knees. Instead of rushing to cover her legs like most women of that era would have done, Marilyn just exclaims, “Isn’t it delicious?”. Consequently, the reference title for the plate is Isn’t It Delicious.
Other details of the Marilyn Isn’t It Delicious Plate are as follows:
- Made of porcelain
- Limited-edition #18124A
- Designed by Victor Gadino;
- Issue #1 from Silver Screen Marilyn plate collection
- Distributed in 1997 by The Bradford Exchange
- Comes with a display stand
- In excellent condition
Marilyn Monroe’s “flying skirt” image was captured in New York on Sept. 15, 1954, between 52nd and 53rd street on Lexington Avenue. The photographer, Sam Show, took the photo during a movie shoot for the film “The Seven Year Itch”.
That iconic image captivated the world. Even decades after her death Marilyn Monroe is hotter than ever. In fact, she is still considered one of the sexiest movie stars of all time. The Marilyn Isn’t It Delicious Plate makes a great gift for collectors.
You might also enjoy our Marilyn Everything About It Is Appealing Plate.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Valuable Collector Items
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added to the store
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel to discover more about collectibles, collectors, and collecting.