Last updated on July 27th, 2020 at 10:44 am
Civil War Revolver Set
This collector’s item is a rare set that commemorates the 200th anniversary of the United States Cavalry from 1777 to 1977. Only 3000 of these army collector sets were ever made. This set is contained in a handsome American walnut wood case.
In addition, the case has a gold plated plaque and it locks with a key. Also, the inside of the case which is lined with blue oiled velvet is in mint condition.
On the revolver barrel, it says “United States Cavalry Commemorative”. Additionally, the revolver cylinder has an engraved Naval engagement scene. Under the cylinder, it reads “Colts patent U.S.”.
The set consists of the following items which are all in mint condition:
- Key to the case;
- One Colt powder flask;
- One Eley Bros. Cap tin;
- One detachable walnut stock with brass butt plate and serial number;
- Nipple wrench;
- Colt bullet mold tool; and
- Two 1860 Colt revolvers with the following features:
- .44 Caliber;
- Walnut grips;
- Unfluted cylinders;
- Blued steel barrels;
- Brass trigger guards;
- Brass backstraps;
- Military inspection marks; and
- Case hardened receiver and bullet seater.
The Civil War Revolver Set makes a perfect gift for collectors.
You might also be interested in our Antique Spiked Flail.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Valuable Collector Items
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added to the store
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel to discover more about collectibles, collectors, and collecting.