Batgirl Figurine Edition 1561
This collectible item is a limited-edition based on the DC Comics character, Batgirl. She was sculpted and hand-painted by the famous American artist Ron Lee (1947-2017). Details of the Batgirl Figurine are:
- Released in 1999
- Limited-Edition #1561/2500
- Signed by the artist Ron Lee
- Preserved in white metal
- Dipped in 24k gold plate
- Mounted on an onyx base
- Measures approx. 5″ tall x 2″ wide
Originally in 1961, Batgirl was known as “Bat-Girl” and she was portrayed as Batwoman’s niece and sidekick. Then in 1967, the superheroine was revamped and her name was changed to Batgirl.
She was no longer a sidekick or love interest. Instead she is portrayed as the daughter of Gotham City’s Police Commissioner and she became a peer to the other DC characters.
Her equality and her strong desire to fight crime caught the attention of the female audience. As a result, her popularity skyrocketed and she is now regarded as a cultural icon and a symbol of female empowerment.
The Batgirl Figurine Edition 1561 is in mint condition. It makes a great gift for collectors and superhero enthusiasts.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Collectibles Empowerment
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added to the store
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel about collectibles, collectors, and collecting