Batgirl Figurine Edition 1561
This collectible item is a limited-edition based on the DC Comics character, Batgirl. She was sculpted and hand-painted by the famous American artist Ron Lee who passed away in 2017. Details of the Batgirl Figurine are:
- Released in 1999
- Limited-Edition #1561/2500
- Signed by the artist Ron Lee
- Preserved in white metal
- Dipped in 24k gold plate
- Mounted on an onyx base
- Measures approx. 5″ tall x 2″ wide
Originally in 1961, Batgirl was known as “Bat-Girl” and she was portrayed as Batwoman’s niece and sidekick. Then in 1967, the superheroine was revamped. Her name was changed to Batgirl (now the daughter of Gotham City’s Police Commissioner) and she was no longer portrayed as a sidekick or love interest.
Instead, she became a peer to the other DC characters. Her equality and her strong desire to fight crime caught the attention of the female audience. As a result, her popularity skyrocketed and she is now regarded as a cultural icon and a symbol of female empowerment.
The Batgirl Figurine Edition 1561 is in mint condition. It makes a great gift for collectors and superhero enthusiasts.
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Collectors Items Explained
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added to the store
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel to discover more about collectibles, collectors, and collecting.