Marvel Figurine Collection
In January of 2005, Eaglemoss Publications began distribution of a magazine series titled the “Classic Marvel Figurine Collection” which featured various Marvel superheros and villains.
What made this series so special, in addition to the featured content, was an actual figurine packaged with each issue of the magazine that was 3.5″ tall, cast in resin, hand-painted, and mounted on a Marvel base.
We are proud to announce that our Collectibles Store carries the following special collectible Classic Marvel Figurines:
- Spider-Man (aka “Peter Parker”): Figurine released with magazine issue #1 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. Spider-Man is a superhero who wears a head-to-toe red and blue bodysuit with a black webbing design and spider on his chest.
As one of the most iconic comic book characters, and one of the most commercially successful superheroes, he has appeared in motion pictures, television, and video games. He is the crime-fighting alter-ego of Peter Parker who became Spider-Man because he was bitten by a radioactive spider at a science exhibit.
The bite enhanced his senses giving him an acute awareness to detect danger. The bite also heightened his athletic abilities enabling him to cling to scale buildings. In order to match his spidey powers, Peter invents a wrist-mounted device to shoot spider-webs. This provides him a way to swing through the air from building to building.
Spider-Man is one of the most iconic comic book characters and one of the most commercially successful superheroes that has appeared in motion pictures, television, and video games.
- Wolverine (aka “Login”): Figurine released with magazine issue #2 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. Wolverine is a superhero who wears a yellow and blue bodysuit and has finger blades because he was surgically transformed into a mutant.
First, animal-like adaptations were made to his body, including sharp fangs and retractable claws. Then his skeleton was reinforced with an indestructible metal that makes him immune to diseases, drugs, and toxins, which in turn allows him to heal faster and live longer.
Wolverine has been ranked as one of the greatest comic book characters of all time, Wolverine has had his own comic book series since 1988 and has also appeared in films, television, and video games.
- Blade (aka “the vampire hunter”): Figurine released with magazine issue #6 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. Blade is an antihero who wears a leather outfit and is equipped with silver bullets, a double-edged sword, and a teakwood dagger (his favorite weapon).
During the 1970s, The Tomb of Dracula was one of the most popular comic books in circulation. In the comics, Blade hunted vampires because one killed his mother. Before she died, however, a vampire bit her while she was giving birth to Blade.
Consequently, he was born a cross-breed. By being half human and half vampire, he is immune to vampire bites and he ages slower. In 1998 Marvel released a motion picture featuring Blade played by Wesley Snipes.
It was the first theatrical film to portray an African-American Superpower and Marvel’s first big success in theaters. It was such a huge hit, in fact, it turned into a trilogy. And even though Blade has been absent from theaters since the early 2000s, he continues to be one of Marvel’s most popular titles and reportedly, filming for a Blade movie revival begins this 2021.
- Silver Surfer: Figurine released with magazine issue #7 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. The Silver Surfer is a cosmic-powered silver-skinned super-being who rides a metallic surfboard.
Using the surfboard, he travels through space faster than the speed of light. His superhuman abilities include exceptional strength and the ability to absorb and manipulate the universe’s energy.
His first appearance was in issue #48 of the Fantastic Four comic book series and he is currently ranked as one of the greatest comic book characters of all time also appearing in film, television, and video games.
- Green Goblin: Figurine released with magazine issue #8 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. The Green Goblin is a supervillain (and archenemy of Spider-Man) who hides behind a mask and wears a green and plum colored bodysuit over his green skin with a waist pouch draped over his shoulder and holds a pumpkin bomb.
Before the Green Goblin was the Green Goblin, he was a mechanical genius who invented all sorts of technologically advanced gadgets. In addition, he was a cunning business who founded a chemical research corporation that discovers a biogenic chemical compound meant to enhance the human body.
He tests the formula on himself and suddenly has superhuman strength, quicker reflexes, and the ability to heal fast. However, the special potion also had an adverse effect, it made him go insane. His foolish irrational thoughts are what led him to fabricate his new persona.
With all his monstrous glory and fancy gadgets, the Green Goblin is one of the greatest comic book villains of all time.
- Venom: Figurine released with magazine issue #32 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. Venom is a villain (and Spider-Man’s archenemy) that has big white eyes, a long lizard-like tongue, sharp teeth, bulging muscles, and a white spider symbol on his chest.
Venom is an extraterrestrial parasite with a dual liquid-like form that shape shifts. However, in order to survive, it requires a host (usually human) to bond with. After bonding with a human host, the alien bestows its powers of exceptional insight and great physical strength upon the host.
His first human host was Spider-Man who later becomes his archenemy. Venom is ranked as one of the greatest comic book villains. Consequently, he has also appeared in television, film, and video games.
- Red Skull: Figurine released with magazine issue #34 of the Marvel Figurine Collection. Red Skull is a supervillain who wears a Nazi uniform, trench coat, and red and white sash, and holds a pistol in each hand.
He has no superhuman abilities but he is a superb martial artist. Additionally, he is well-versed in the use of firearms and explosives, possesses a high intellect, and is a highly gifted political operative.
His trademark is the “dust of death” which is a fatal poisonous gas that he fires from a trick cigarette. This character is considered one of the 14 greatest villains of all time
We hope you enjoyed this article about the Marvel Figurine Collection. Please share “Marvel Figurine Collection” with your family and friends:
For more related “collectible” content from our store, follow these links:
- Read our article about Collectibles Empowerment
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter to see collectibles we’ve just added to the store
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch some videos on our YouTube Channel about collectibles, collectors, and collecting