Last updated on July 3rd, 2020 at 04:35 am
Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia
Marilyn (1926-1962) was a model, actress, and singer. In addition, she was a classy platinum blonde with a sexy voice and a voluptuous figure. In 1953 she appeared in the centerfold of Playboy magazine.
In addition, she is well-known for her breathy rendition of the “Happy Birthday” song that she sang to President John F. Kennedy. Consequently, she became one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s and early 1960s. Furthermore, she was recognized as a fashion icon.
Prior to her death, Marilyn completed 29 films and received three golden globes. Consequently, even decades after her death, she is still considered one of the top 100 movie stars of all time. Accordingly, Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia makes wonderful gifts for collectors and Marilyn fans.
Our collectibles store carries limited-edition collector plates featuring the images of Marilyn as seen in the graphic shown at the top of this post. To see these special Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia plates, just follow these store links:
- Isn’t it delicious?. The “flying skirt” image captured in 1954 by photographer Sam Shaw. It was taken during a movie shoot for the film “The Seven Year Itch”. Marilyn was crossing over a New York subway grating when the updraft from the subway passing below caused her skirt to blow upward. That’s when Marilyn exclaimed, “Isn’t it delicious?”. That iconic image captivated the world.
- Everything About It Is Appealing. Marilyn is looking fabulous in her Travilla costume from the film musical “There’s No Business Like Show Business”. Incidentally “Everything About It Is Appealing” are also lyrics in the film’s theme song.
- Sultry Yet Regal. Marilyn was born Norma Jeane Mortensen on June 1, 1926. To celebrate her 65th anniversary, on June 1, 1995, the United States Postal Service issued a commemorative 32-cent stamp of Marilyn Monroe looking seductively majestic.
- Get Out The Fire Hose. The legendary movie star is standing in front of a waterfall wearing a “red hot” sexy dress. The photo was taken during the filming of the movie “Niagara”. This was the movie that elevated Marilyn to star status because she was given “first billing” (listed first in the movie credits).
We hope you enjoyed this post on Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia. Tell your friends about this Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia article:
For some “collectibles” content, check out these links from our store:
- Read our article about Valuable Collector Items
- Visit our Collectibles News website to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch videos on our YouTube Channel to hear more about collectors, collecting, and collectibles
- Shop for collectibles and memorabilia at our store, starting on our shopping page