Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia
Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), a platinum blonde with a sexy voice and a voluptuous figure, was a model, actress, singer, fashion icon, and Hollywood legend.
Her 1953 centerfold in Playboy magazine and her breathy rendition of the “Happy Birthday” song that she sang to President Kennedy, made her one of the top sex symbols of the ’50s and ’60s.
Prior to her death, Marilyn completed 29 films and received 3 golden globes. Consequently, decades after her death, she is still considered one of the top 100 movie stars of all time.
Our Collectibles Store carries the following Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia featuring the images above.
- Isn’t it delicious? Collector Plate: The iconic “flying skirt” image, captured in 1954 by photographer Sam Shaw, was taken during “The Seven Year Itch” movie shoot.
Marilyn was crossing over a New York subway grating when the updraft from the subway passing below caused her skirt to blow upward. That’s when Marilyn exclaimed, “Isn’t it delicious?”.
- Everything About It Is Appealing Collector Plate: Marilyn is looking fabulous in her Travilla costume from the film musical “There’s No Business Like Show Business”. “Everything About It Is Appealing” are lyrics in the film’s theme song.
- Sultry Yet Regal Collector Plate: Marilyn was born Norma Jeane Mortensen on June 1, 1926. To celebrate her 65th anniversary, on June 1, 1995, the United States Postal Service issued a commemorative 32-cent stamp of Marilyn Monroe looking seductively majestic.
- Get Out The Fire Hose Collector Plate: The legendary movie star is standing in front of a waterfall wearing a red hot sexy dress. The photo was taken during the filming of the movie “Niagara”. This was the movie that elevated Marilyn to star status because she was given first billing (listed first in the movie credits).
This concludes Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia. We hope you enjoyed reading this Marilyn Monroe Memorabilia blog post.
Check out some “collectibles” content from our store:
- Read our article about Collectibles Empowerment
- Subscribe to our free New Arrivals Newsletter
- Visit our Collectibles News digest to stay current on all things collectible
- Watch videos on our YouTube Channel about collectors, collecting, and collectibles
- Shop for collectibles and memorabilia at our store starting on our main shopping page